Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hawaiian Saying Of The Day

 I am  a Hawaiian,  I love my Hawaiian heritage so deeply, it is deeply connected bond I feel to my island home. When I was in Hawaii last year I had feelings unexpected to me. Hard to explain these feelings,the air I was breathing was sweet  seemed like home.  The air I breathed was right air for me. All was alright here. I also felt a great sadness in my soul,  a true longing welling up inside and all throughout me. It happened when I saw the my first dance in Waikiki. Hula is very important to our Hawaiian culture and grading high scholastically is encouraged (or it was when I lived there) ,when I saw this hula dancer it made me cry, like I said I was welling up with emotion already. The reasons for my cry where  many and the reason why I am sharing this blog is one - to share Hawaiian wisdom and language with you, 7/28/10
Hawaiian's say:" I mohala no ka lehua i ke ke'ekehi 'ia e ka ua" The literal translation is "The Lehuablossom unfolds when the rains tread on it."The moral of the saying is when you act with kindness people respond better   than  when you  give a scolding. 

Loving comments and thoughts,..all are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are tools for the