Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Face You Do Not See



If the eye is the doorway to the soul,
facial expression is akin to a pure honesty,
when it is caught, unawares.
You may have not noticed,
You could not have known.
It was a glimpse of raw emotion
seen clearly by others~not by you.
An expression so astounding,
Perhaps disgusted, or confounded.
A face I see often-When I look into their eyes.
like you, they are of flesh and of bone.
Once labeled, labeled forever
only inciting mislabeling.
Unorganized and alone it remains just a label
Human life and its purpose become defeated by these 
Just like you, just like me~they are you, they are me,
Time to pour it all out,out with what they taught you,
be it your surroundings, other people and groups~Human cruelty like a dance when we learn all the steps.
Humanity like an infant Never too late to learn-
Time to exit from stupidity,leaving ignorance behind,
It requires much strength and hard work.
Choose not to be afraid nor to Follow fears, 
fear not Understanding, with kindness 
bound with great care.I encounter it daily within questions of life-"Where do you work or What do you do?"
Upon answering this question,
Often I see a face twisting grimace
and a lack of composure and tact
I deemed it discomfort,some deem it "normal"
even funny, to share how they deplore 
and even make funny, of the "crazies" out there.
Stigma once created,and now given to many
It is not a stain on your sofa,or just an imperfect soul
My friends all I m asking,is to consider my goal 
Be aware your actions,our potential for growth.Not resigned to accept any bad habits of hate.Empower yourself and surrender to change.

With love and kindness your ever honest and hopefully evolving friend, SmittyJade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are tools for the